Travelling to Sesily
Via the Italian mainland
Alitalia has a large number of daily connections from London to Sicily.
Flights are available from London via Milan or Rome to Palermo or Catania, and electronic tickets may be booked online.
Ryanair fly to Palermo from Milan (Bergamo), Venice-Treviso, Bologna, Verona and Pisa (Florence) and to Trapani from Venice-Treviso, Bologna, Cagliari, Genoa, Turin and Pisa amongst others.
Many of these airports have direct Ryanair flights from Stansted, Liverpool, Leeds-Bradford, East Midlands and Dublin so this is a very viable alternative.
Ryanair also fly from London Stansted to Lamezia, in Calabria, several times a week. Lamezia is just a 1-hour drive from the ferry at Villa San Giovanni, from where ferries leave every 15 minutes for Messina. The crossing takes less than 1/2 hour. This makes Lamezia an interesting alternative, particularly for people visiting the East of Sicily. Why not fly into Lamezia and out of Palermo?
EasyJet flies from London Gatwick to Palermo and Catania via Milan Malpensa several times a day
EasyJet also flies from London Gatwick to Palermo via Rome Fiumicino several times a day.
Flights to Sicily from Spain
FLYING TO SICILY
Ryanair flies directly from:
- Barcelona (Girona) to Trapani Tuesdays and Saturdays in April 2017 with an additional Thursday flight from June 2017.
- Madrid to Palermo Tuesdays,Thursdays and Sundays in March 2017 and additional Wednesday flights from April 2017.
- Madrid to Catania Thursdays and Sundays in March 2017 and Wednesdays and Sundays from April 2017.
Times and dates may vary more throughout the year so please consult Ryanair.com for details.
Volotea flies direct from:
- Malaga, Ibiza and Majorca, all to Palermo from late June 2017.
Times and dates vary throughout the year so please consult Volotea for full information
Vueling fly from:
- Barcelona to Catania daily in 2017.
- Barcelona to Palermo almost daily (some Saturdays are excluded) in 2017.
Times and dates vary throughout the year so please consult Vueling.com for details.
Iberia fly from:
- Barcelona to Palermo daily from March 2017.
- Madrid, via Rome or Milan to Catania daily from February 2017.
Flights to Sicily from the UK and Ireland
British Airways, Ryanair, easyJet and many others all have direct flights to Sicily.
FROM LONDON GATWICK
FROM LONDON HEATHROW
FROM LONDON STANSTED
FROM LONDON LUTON
FROM MANCHESTER & BRISTOL
Flights from the US to mainland Italy
The following American carriers fly from a variety of airports across the US and Canada directly to Rome and Milan:
Flights from the US to mainland Italy with international carriers
The following international carriers fly from a variety of airports across the US and Canada directly to Rome and Milan:
The following international carriers fly from a variety of airports across the US and Canada indirectly to Rome and Milan:
Flights to Sicily from France
FLYING TO SICILY
Ryanair flies from:
- Paris (Beauvais) to Palermo and Brindisi, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays throughout 2017.
- Marseille Provence to Palermo Mondays and Fridays from 3rd March 2017.
- Paris (Beauvais) to Bari on multiple days per week throughout 2017.
- Marseille Provence to Catania Sundays and Wednesdays from 26th April 2017
Flights to Sicily from Germany
FLYING TO SICILY
TUIfly flies from
- Cologne-Bonn, Munich, and Stuttgart several times a week to Palermo
- Berlin Tegel, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Cologne-Bonn, Hannover, Munich, Nuremberg and Stuttgart to Catania.
Times vary throughout the year so please consult Tuifly.com for details.
Air Berlin flies to:
- Cologne-Bonn to Catania, Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from February 2017
- Munich, Dusseldorf, Stuttgart and Frankfurt to Catania daily from February 2017
- Berlin (Tegel) to Palermo
Times and dates vary through the year so please consult AirBerlin.com for full details.
Germanwings flies direct to:
- Munich to Catania from the end of March 2017
- Cologne-Bonn and Stuttgart daily from January 2017.
Times vary so please consult Germanwings for more information
Meridiana flies from:
- Munich to Milan daily from January 2017
- Munich to Catania until 12th March 2017.
As of February 2017, new flights for summer 2017 have not yet been released for this route, so please consult Meridiana for further updated details
Lufthansa flies from:
- Berlin(Tegel) to Palermo via Munich throughout the year in 2017.
- Berlin (Tegel) to Catania via Strasbourg throughout the year in 2017.
Please consult Lufthansa for further information on dates and times.
Flights to Sicily from other European countries
FLYING TO SICILY
BELGIUM TO SICILY
SWITZERLAND TO SICILY
NORWAY TO SICILYHOLLAND TO SICILY
MALTA TO SICILY
POLAND TO SICILY
ROMANIA TO SICILY
DENMARK TO SICILY
HUNGARY TO SICILY
SLOVAKIA TO SICILY
SWEDEN TO SICILY
LITHUANIA TO SICILY
GREECE TO SICILY
Trains: For train times and fares, consult the Trenitalia website (Sicily train transportation)